Betws-y-Coed, North Wales. 9th-12th July
Following the enthusiastic response to news of this event at our recent Late Christmas Lunch, we thought we’d better get on with it and confirm some details! Although there’s still work to be done on some of the routes and other detailed issues, this is the plan and these are the costs:-
DAY 1 Tuesday July 9th
A lunchtime meet at the Trevor Basin on the Llangollen Canal, followed by a short Boat Trip over the spectacular Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and then by road via the Horseshoe Pass to Betws-y-Coed and the Royal Oak Hotel. There will ample reserved parking for Austin Healeys at the hotel.
Day 2 Wednesday July 10th
To Anglesey via Capel Curig and the Llanberis Pass to the excellent Anglesey Transport Museum, then to historic Caernarfon and its spectacular castle and heading back to Betws-y-Coed via Bedgellert and a visit to the Sygun Copper Mine en route.
Day 3 Thursday July 11th
Fancy a day trip to the Italian Rivera? Well a bit beyond the budget unfortunately, but in Portmeirion you could be forgiven for thinking that that’s where you were! After an introductory drive through with a photo opportunity we have a full day here to explore this fascinating and imaginative creation of Clough Williams Ellis.
For those of you who’ve opted for the 2 night option and are heading home from here, we wish you a safe and pleasant journey and hope you’ve enjoyed your Midlands Midweek Break in Wales!
For those of you staying for the 3rd night, we’ve planned a delightfully scenic return route back to Betws-y-Coed, especially if the sun decides to shine upon us!
Day 4 Friday July 12th.
Depart after breakfast.
The prices are as follows:-
- 3 Nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast per Couple £795.00 (single £555.00) – in other words, from Dinner on Tuesday through to and including Breakfast on Friday.
- Ditto for 2 Nights £565.00 (single £385.00) – again, from Dinner on Tuesday through to and including Breakfast on Thursday.
- Dinner on Tuesday at the hotel will be a buffet or barbecue depending on the weather, Wednesday’s will be a 3 course meal in the hotel and on Thursday we currently plan to be ‘out on the town’, but details for this are still to be finalised, although wherever we go will definitely be within walking distance of the hotel!
- All packages also include the entry costs for the Canal Trip, the Transport Museum, the Copper Mine and Portmeirion.
Deposit with booking, single £55, double £105.
Make a note that this is to be followed by two final instalments, first by 1st May and second by 1st July:
- 2 nights single, 2 instalments of £165
- 2 night double, 2 instalments of £230
- 3 nights single, 2 instalments of £250
- 3 night double, 2 instalments of £345
To book your place, please pay your deposit then complete and submit the booking form below. We must emphasise that we currently have just 26 rooms available and judging by the level of interest, we suggest you book your place ASAP because it has to be first come first served!
Please note that we changed or bank last year so make sure that you use these details:
Metro Bank sort code 23-05-80.
Account: AH Midlands & Overseas Centre – 50301117
Add reference: “Midweek Break”